This individual reports directly to the Youth Program Director. This position is primarily office work. This position is available from mid-March 2013 through August 31, 2013.
The position is approximately 20-25 hours per week (M-F) from mid-March through mid-May. The position is approximately 35-40 hours per week (M-F) from mid-May through the end of August.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organize and updates all personnel files
- Create New Hire and Re-Hire paperwork packets, updating with any new requirements (e.g. New W-4 form)
- Schedule paperwork processing appointments and ensure documentation compliance for 90+ seasonal employees: update I-9 Forms, Work Permits (minors), Parental Consent, Sailing and First Aid Certifications, etc.
- Process all background checks (CORI & SORI) for all new and re-hires, current staff & volunteers
- Work with Youth Program Director to ensure that Boston teens comply with requirements of various employment programs (e.g. Boston Youth Fund, MLK Summer Scholars)
- Timecards: act as key point person to follow up on any missed punches; follow up with staff to ensure they track time worked via login/phone system (for many this is their first job)
Youth Programs Support
- Assist youth program director in processing summer program applications, scholarship applications and tuition payments
- Lead follow-up with families of students regarding missing documentation and payments
- Field calls from parents during the application process and during the Summer Youth Program in support of Youth Program Director
- Maintain contact database
- Complete reminder calls to students prior to each new session
- Help Maintain Youth Program Blog
- Lead planning of mid-season and end-of-season family celebration nights
- Assist with planning and execution of events as necessary
- General support of Youth Program Director for any special projects, mailings, calls, visit Youth Program Site, as needed
- Support any other projects as needed by Youth Program, Adult Program, special events, etc.
- 2-3 years prior office work and customer service experience
- Excellent telephone communication skills
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Comfort with common computer applications (Excel, Word, Salesforce or other database software, etc.) and/or willingness and ability to learn new ones quickly and self sufficiently
- A strong connection with the Courageous mission
- A love for chaotic work environments full of passionate people who take great pride in what they do!
Kate Henderson, Director of Youth Programs
Phone: 617-242-3821 ext. 12