The Assistant Adult Program Coordinator is one of the most important seasonal positions at Courageous Sailing. As the person behind our Front Desk, s/he is often the face of the organization, serving as the first point of contact for the public, either personally or over the phone. S/he is a primary resource for our students and members, and must be friendly, polite, and knowledgeable of the operations and rules of Courageous.
The Assistant Adult Program Director undertakes daily administrative tasks and generally assists the Adult Program Director with operations tasks. These duties range from fielding questions about our courses, memberships, and ratings systems to managing the daily flow of people and boats through the program. The Assistant Adult Program Director also monitors staff radio use, marine traffic, weather, and wind. S/he must be highly organized, have great people skills, and be able to multi-task in a sometimes hectic, fast-paced environment. Sailing experience and the ability to explain sailing skills and requirements are strongly preferred.
The Assistant Adult Program Director position is a full time, summer seasonal position with hours tapering off in October. Season ends October 31st. Candidates must be able to work weekends, and some days or evenings during the week.
Minimum qualifications include:
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work independently, multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, take initiative, and appropriately handle confidential information.
· Comfortable working under pressure, exercising strong problem-solving skills, and willing to adapt to changing program needs.
· Skilled at monitoring and managing multiple information feeds simultaneously.
· Attention to detail and commitment to accuracy.
· Familiarity with basic computer systems and social networking programs.
· Ability to quickly and enthusiastically master additional technology, skills, & knowledge as needed.
· Sailing knowledge and skills preferred but not required.
About Courageous Sailing
Courageous Sailing is a non-profit community sailing center committed to providing access to the sport of sailing through our sailing school and membership programs. Sailing is a tremendous platform for education, personal growth and leadership development, and we are dedicated to making the highest quality sailing education available to the entire Boston community regardless of socio-economic background, ethnicity, or ability. Our youth and adult programs promote a culture of responsibility, respect, and stewardship around sailing on Boston Harbor, and foster life-long learning opportunities for all members of our community. We rely on a team of passionate, hard-working individuals to provide top level instruction, attentive customer service, and, above all, a safe and welcoming environment.
Compensation can be adjusted for experienced candidates, but will be in the range of $14.50 per hour.
To apply for this position, please send an email with subject line “Assistant Adult Program Coordinator Application” with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org